The internet made information universally accessible, Google organised it, and now Mindstone combines it with the science of learning to help people to learn faster, remember more, and develop their skills, interests and career.
In a world with unlimited access to information and resources, we want to provide anyone, anywhere in the world with the tools, confidence and motivation to take ownership of their own learning. As we continue to build out our offering in the future, Mindstone will enable you to
- Discover your current levels of knowledge and skill, and put them in context
- Understand the different directions, goals and pathways most suitable to you, as well as their respective tradeoffs
- Plot a personalised path from your current situation to these goals, automatically tailored to your life and context
- Accelerate your progress towards these goals by applying techniques proven to improve learning quality as well as your speed of understanding and application
- Cut through the noise by surfacing community-led, weighted moderation and expertise
- Take advantage of all resources available to you both online and offline, whether they are synchronous and instructor-led (degrees, classes, meet-ups, conferences, etc.) or not (online courses, blog posts, articles, videos, podcasts, etc.)
- Explore jobs adjacent to your skill levels and bring to light job-market opportunities that would otherwise be hidden
- ...and tap into networks of professional coaches and teachers providing support when you need help along the way
When your learning is more exploratory, Mindstone will enable you to
- Discover new interests, and follow where your curiosity leads, pushing back the boundary of your current understanding
- Be pushed outside of your comfort zone, expanding your view of the world
- Discuss topics of interest and gain perspectives from people inside as well as outside your direct circles
- Follow and interact with other people’s learning journeys, whether they are friends, colleagues or people you admire
- ...and tap into the intrinsic motivation of learning, unlocking curiosity about the world around you
We want Mindstone to understand your goals, know your preferences, and structure learning around your life instead of getting in your way.
By breaking up your progress into a granular “skill profile”, Mindstone will make learning more tangible while at the same time enabling you to present more accurate assessments of your skills to future employers.
Ultimately, we want to help you accelerate not just your structured learning, but also your just-in-time, on-the-job learning. The platform will keep track of what you have learned, when you learned it, and why, helping you consolidate and apply those learnings in the most effective way.
In a world where many institutions are struggling to iterate on their position as the gatekeepers of learning, Mindstone wants to decentralise it by putting learners back in control and unlocking their true potential.